An overview of all the things you need to remember when you are planning to live in the UK, including what to bring with you and explanations of visas and official language.

Explore the topics page to find out more about life in Britain, including accessing healthcare, the education system and how to find somewhere to live.

Tips when starting your life in Britain

Visas and citizenship

This is an overview of what you need to know when moving to the UK. It is not legal advice and you should check the current rules on an official website. Consult a specialist immigration lawyer if you need help. Find solicitors on the Law Society website.

Was this useful?